First of all...that cover....oh yeah!
I want this book. Next paycheck it will be mine.
We are so lucky to have Miranda on the blog today. And she is talking about Man Candy in Ya. Yummy!!! You know how much we love Man Candy!
I’m a sucker for romance. It’s often my favorite element of any book, from the sweeter romance of YA genre to the steamier varieties offered in adult appropriate books.
If the man candy is written well, it really pulls me into the romantic elements of the story.
Read on to see my top-five favorite male love-interest traits:
- Smokin’ hot. Obviously, I don’t want to read a romance with a fat, balding guy with excessive back hair. Nothing against these men, but a book is a fantasy and the man must be a ridiculously good looking. *NOTE* He doesn’t have to be perfect, just hot.
- Naughty. Yeah, okay. I like bad boys. Tattoos? Great. Bad Habits? Fine. Mysterious, checkered past? Fantastic. I know… so cliché!
- Somewhat sane. He needs to be palatable as a love interest. He can’t be too horrible or rude or controlling. Should he push boundaries? Yes. Should he trample on all human decency? Probably not.
- Vulnerable. Just a little bit of vulnerability. I’m not talking about the “bad man with heart of gold,” stereotype. He needs to have something he can’t handle all by himself, some little soft spot that can be exploited (or coddled).
- Smart. He doesn’t have to be a cognitive neurophysiologist (though that would be hot), but he does need to be sharp, either “street smart” or “book smart.”
What do you like to see in your male fiction hotties?
Umm all of the above?!?! She pretty much nailed it didn't she. Miranda is offering a giveaway for this blog tour so ENTER!!!
· US Only
· Paperback of RUA
· Cute little stuffed blackbird (complete with an authentic crow call recorded when you squeeze it)
Check out the swag! I'll take 2 please!!!
|that little stuff blackbird. awe!!!|