Saturday, July 7, 2012

UnGuarded by Ashley Robertson


3.5 Stars ~Kami's Review

If any of you reading this have read some of my reviews before this you know I NEVER give out 1/2 stars. I stick to solid numbers. But with this book I find myself unable to stick to my normal, and I have to give it a 1/2 star.

Lori and I were offered this book by the Author to review, and even though Angels are not really my thing, the description captivated me and I really wanted to read this one. This is a solid book, good writing, mostly likable characters, good plot, battle of good an evil, and most of all captivating. I was hooked.

Selene is a Guardian Angel, who was just a few steps away from becomming an Archangel, when she fell in love with a vampire. Along with going against all the rules to be with Cole, she is becomming more careless with her charge Caitlyn. Even though everything she does in this book is in the name of love, I found myself disliking her more and more throughout the book. She is selfish and reckless. I understood her desire to want to help those she loves, but really all the does the whole book is make things worse for everyone, including herself.

In her search for finding Cole, who was kidnapped, she meets a vampire named Luke. I understand that this book is about her love for Cole, but since we didnt get to experience the act of them falling in love, I have stronger feeling towards Luke than I have towards Cole. If I had to pick a team I would be Team Luke right now. If there was a prequel to this book, where we could experience Cole and Selene falling in love then maybe I would be more Team Cole since I would then have that connection. I like Cole, dont get me wrong, but I feel more for Luke.

I liked the twists and turns in this book, it kept me on the edge of my seat and always guessing what would happen next since I really had no idea. Overall I liked this book. I dont think I will read it again, but if there were to be another book following this one, I would read it for sure. It is unclear to me if this is a part of a series or not. The ending seemed a little abrupt to me, and I keep wondeirng what will happen to the other MC, so I am hoping for another book to follow this one. I will be watching this Author and I cant wait to read her other book Crimson Groves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment