Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Outpost by Ann Aguirre

Blurb from Goodreads:


Deuce’s whole world has changed. Down below, she was considered an adult. Now, topside in a town called Salvation, she’s a brat in need of training in the eyes of the townsfolk. She doesn’t fit in with the other girls: Deuce only knows how to fight.

To make matters worse, her Hunter partner, Fade, keeps Deuce at a distance. Her feelings for Fade haven’t changed, but he seems not to want her around anymore. Confused and lonely, she starts looking for a way out.

Deuce signs up to serve in the summer patrols—those who make sure the planters can work the fields without danger. It should be routine, but things have been changing on the surface, just as they did below ground. The Freaks have grown smarter. They’re watching. Waiting. Planning. The monsters don’t intend to let Salvation survive, and it may take a girl like Deuce to turn back the tide.
Lori's Review: 5 Huge Stars

I am one angry girl right now. Seriously, I'm pretty pissed off at Ann Aguirre right now. I'm also betting that you are confused as hell too. Why am I so angry at Aguirre when I gave OUTPOST a 5 star rating?
Well, I am mad because her books are entirely too short and take too long to come out. A year, a whole year to wait for this book only for it to be devoured in a day. Believe me, I TRIED to not read it all yesterday. I just could not STOP.

For those of you who have not read the first book in this series ENCLAVE...um you should. Like, Right Now! I should warn you a lot of people have huge issues with that book though. Just glance at the reviews on Goodreads and you should get a pretty good idea why!
I get their points but overall it didn't take away from my love of this first book. I loved this book even more. There is more depth of emotion in it and Aguirre addresses a lot of the issues people had with that book. She doesn't solve them or sugar coat them. She basically says this is the way this is and it sucks but that's life. I'm not sure if it's intentional on her part or that I am reading more into the text than there really is.

Duece was amazing. Oh my god is she freakin awesome! The whole thing was beautiful, and gripping, and dark, and fluttery butterflies, and death, and sadness. Ugh. Ann Aguirre knows how to rip my heart out and shred it into a thousand pieces. I am literally still flippin' dawgs.
Stalker isn't as well, he is, but he's not...whatever. I can't say what he is or isn't I don't want to give anything away. GO GET THIS series!!!!

Yes, that is all my review is. Short and sweet and bossy. If I go on then I will ruin the story for you. And I have to stop now. Really, I do because I already sound like an insane fangirl. But whatever, it's my effing review.


This book is also available via Audio Book from Macmillan Audio. They sent me a clip for our readers to listen too!!!


2 comments:

  1. I just saw this in your epic reads folder on FB. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. It's got some hot topic issues in it that turn some people off. But I enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete