Saturday, September 29, 2012

Significance by Shelly Crane



Title: Significance (Significance #1)
Author: Shelly Crane
Genre: YA/Paranormal/Romance
Published: June, 2011
Source: Author provided .MOBI
Author Website: Click Book Cover


Maggie is a seventeen year old girl who's had a bad year. She was smart and on track but then her mom left, her dad is depressed, she's graduating, barely, and her boyfriend of almost three years dumped her for a college football scholarship. Lately she thinks life is all about hanging on by a thread and is gripping tight with everything she has.

Then she meets Caleb. She saves his life and instantly knows there's something about him that's intriguing but she is supposed to be on her way to a date with his cousin. But things change when they touch, sparks ignite. Literally.They imprint with each other and she sees their future life together flash before her eyes. She learns that not only is she his soul mate, and can feel his heartbeat in her chest, but there is a whole other world of people with gifts and abilities that she never knew existed. She herself is experiencing supernatural changes unlike anything she's ever felt before and she needs the touch of his skin to survive.Now, not only has her dad come out of his depression to be a father again, and a pain as well, but Caleb's enemies know he's imprinted and are after Maggie to stop them both from gaining their abilities and take her from him.Can Caleb save her or will they be forced to live without each other after just finding one another?

Lori's Review: 4 Stars

I was so excited when I opened my email one morning and found an email from Shelly asking if I would review her books. Umm let me think, HELL YES. So not wanting to be rude...you know I hate that. I jumped right into it. I fell in love with the story. I did. I thought that I was over the whole soulmate thing. Until I read this book. It was good. I really liked Maggie. She was just the right amount of conflicted and confident. She felt like a real teen to me. I can't talk about Caleb. I already have a book boyfriend named Caleb. How can I have two? How? But I do. I SO do. He is just...beyond...swoon. So swoon. The bad guys are the right level of gross. Ugh. I wanted to kick some balls. Lot's of balls.
So since I obviously loved this book why is it not a 5 star books? Well, it just got a little stale toward the end. The last 20% of the book kind of fizzled on me. I needed the bad guys to come back and I wanted a cliff hanger (WTF is up with that?). I know, I just know that nothing is perfect as it seems at the end of the book. Also Kyle was pissing me off. So much! So so so much. Also, Caleb is really mushy. I know that this is YA and teenage girls love those types of boys. But I would like him to actually voice his misgivings and wants. We see them but he never once lets them loose. I want him to make the effort to let Maggie know that he isn't completely happy with his life as an ACE.
So this book is great. I cannot wait to read the next book, and then the next book, and then the next book, and then the next book. Wait is she writing that many for this series? I hope so. I really do.







0 comments:

Post a Comment