Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This book is FIRE!!!

On Dublin Street

by: Samantha Young

*Not for Kiddos*



From Goodreads:
Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate's sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything 'more'. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare... to the very soul.

Contains strong adult content. For readers ages 18+


Lori's Review: 4 HUGE AWESOMESAUCE STARS!!

Samantha Young is incredible! Her YA's are amazing! So when I found out that she was writing a contemp romance I was like...HELL YES! Where do I sign up!? When she announced on her facebook that she put it up on Smashwords early...I went and got it. I stopped reading review books for this one guys and gals. I'm not sorry either! Absolutely the best contemp romance I have read ever.


I think we all know what my problem with Contemp romances are. Super aggressive, and violent-scary-males. I hate that. Because dudes like that aren't sexy. Trust me if you haven't been in a relationship with one you don't want to be. It's not fun. It's not sexy. It's dramatic, earth stopping, I don't know if I can live like this anymore....but never sexy. I hate it. It makes me cringe that people find this attractive in men. Listen do I love books like Beautiful Disaster? Yes, but I think the male lead is a douche and needs to GO AWAY! It's also my first ever venture into contemp romance. I love roller coaster, my heart is in my throat, this is so intense contemp romances. This book is all that AND a bag of crisps (chips). Braden is intense. He's really intense. He's all hot alpha male smexiness, without the psuedo domestic violence that is being called romance. He is super possesive and there is one part where he does act in violence. Really tame compared to other books in this genre right now! The delish frosting is that it is not directed toward Joss, her existence or her body. Score 100 for Samantha Young. You did it right, girl!
Don't get me started on Joss... oh wait, DO. She is fanfuckingtastic. No wallflower here. She has vulnerablity, a fucked up past, and amazing one liners. She is her own person. She compromises with Braden. She doesn't bend to his will. AMAZING. I loved her to pieces. Really, really, REALLY. She is fab. The right mix of strong, vulnerable and sass! Super hearts! She's the every girl that I think a lot of writers try to achieve. Only not because she not a blank slate Kristen Stewart. She's definately Jennifer Lawernce. Emotions. While they are kept inside and masked. We see them, we feel them. I was cringing everytime she shut herself off. I was joyful when she let something out. It's not easy to open oneself up. I related to her. A lot.
Oh the heat between these two is strong. If you like a steamy intense, in your face romance...well get this book. It didn't dissapoint.
What about the other characters? Oh, thank you for asking. They are adorable. The main focus is Joss and Braden. Ellie, Braden's sister stole the scene a few times but mostly the other characters stayed in the background. I would have loved to see them flushed out more. Hell, I want Ellie and Adam to have their own damn book! Please? I think they would transition to main characters wonderfully!
The setting is beautiful and I would have loved to see more of it. But being it was a steamy contemp romance it's understandable that we see beds more than anything else. Don't get me wrong Ms. Young does give a tour of her former home, but I think she barely scratched the surface!
Awesomesauce writing, hot and individual characters, and steamy love scenes. Yep, this one is a winner! Go get it.

Buy this book!!
For Kindle
Smashwords




1 comments:

  1. Yes!! I love what you said about men in contemp romance, hell I can't stand it when it's like that with any kind of romance. I love that this male lead is sexy in a GOOD way. I'll have to check this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete