Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review: Oil & Water by Rue Volley



Rating: 4 stars
Source: Author provided ebook

Blurb: In this 3rd installment of the Blood & Light Vampire Series we follow Rue deep into the rabbit hole as she tries to fight her way out of "memory"...a purgatory of sorts for immortals, and the last place a vampire wants to find themselves trapped in. This 3rd year in the lives of these vampires takes a closer look at their ability to portal through mirrors, the spells they conjure and the love that becomes more intense between Rue & Joshua. In the end you will be left speechless as the story takes yet another twisted turn and leads you into book 4, “Clarity & Reason.”Oil & water is psychological in nature and pushes the boundaries of what is real and what is illusion, as not everything is what it seems to be. ...how far can the mind bend, before it is broken?Find out as you continue your journey with these vampires who bite.
 This book...ok so I said I hated Johnathan and that I wanted him to go away. Well, let's just say after bawling my eyes out last night I TAKE IT BACK!!!! I do, I do take it back. I don't know how much more I can expand on my review. I LOVE THIS series. Love it! 
I gave this one only 4 stars because I felt that there was a lot of tease and no actual action in the first 50% of the book. I was very quickly frustrated with "memory". I wanted my characters out of it. And NOW. All personal and subjective. But really, isn't that what reviewing is. This book was necessary to continue the story line but I feel like she could have cut at least 25% or more and I still would have been satisfied. I might have even given it another 5 star rating. Editing was great. The story flowed well and there were very few typos to speak off. The characters seem to maturing a lot in this book. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kinda dug the immature snark or Rue and Josh. Theo, Sam, Kai, Lily, Jonah: I love them all. Caine earns loads of complexity in this book and Sophia is a f*ckiing hag from hell. I HATE her. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment